6/11/2017

An Honest Post | Life Update & Losing My Blogging Mojo


Do you ever get into one of them moods. Where you feel down in the dumps - apathetic and idle, and you aren't entirely sure why. This has been me for the past month and a half. 

You may (or may not) have noticed my lack of posts this past while. At the beginning of May I made a promise to myself to post at least twice a week, and keep a blogging journal along the way in a bid to keep myself motivated. This lasted for approximately two days and was then forgotten about. I am unable to pinpoint exactly what it is that has me feeling so lackluster when it comes to my blog, and this is probably the most frustrating part of it. 

Without going into too much detail, my Nan, whom I live it, has been unwell in hospital the past month or so during my college exams, and while she will be totally fine, this has still been a huge strain in my life and is set to continue. With all of this going on at home blogging naturally became less of a priority. Other than that, everything else in my life has been going well for me. I have recently got myself a part time job in a clothes shop, which means I will have that little bit of an extra income to plan trips and splurge on shopping sprees. I also found out that I did surprisingly well in my college exams for this year, and I will be sailing on into 3rd year come September. So with things somewhat settling down and going in my favour, why can I not find my blogging mojo again?

I have exhausted every possible reason as to why I have lost my motivation. Maybe it's the gloomy weather. Maybe it's because I have been so broke lately that I can't afford to buy new clothes that force me to make outfit posts. I have tried looking at other blogs to reap inspiration from. I have tried to change up my look and even got a fringe. But nothing, nothing seems to be working. 
Don't get me wrong, I have ideas for posts, but it is just getting these ideas into writing, and writing that I am proud of that is the problem. The idea that I am too hard on myself is a possible reason why I have been avoiding writing posts lately, for fear that I won't be completely happy with them and will beat myself up over it. 

Constantly comparing your blog and it's progress with others is also a sure fire way to end up in a downward spiral in the blogging world, and this I have most definitely been doing as of late. While my following has been steadily growing, my daily page views has been rapidly declining and I can't seem to pick them up again. I have lovely blogging friends constantly commenting on my posts and sending me inspiring messages on instagram, yet I still can't help but feel that my blog and it's following is just not where it should be and that in and of itself is disheartening enough to want to stop posting. 

But I won't stop posting. While I am not going to make unrealistic promises to myself that I will have new posts up multiple times a week, I will have one new one up once a week. And in the meantime I will try to build up my motivation again to keep going with this wonderful little hobby of mine, because deep down I know it is all worth it.

Now enough of this pity party. I will be back next Sunday with a new (hopefully more interesting) post. 

Please do let me know in the comments what you do to keep you motivated with blogging or anything else you do in your life.

Adele x








31 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. تمام تعال بي بيولا سناب

      Delete
  2. احنا نصلح البعض كبار ومتزوجين

    ReplyDelete
  3. ابحث عن اربعينيه

    ReplyDelete
  4. مرحبا اني من عراق وهاذا الواتساب 009647830442512

    ReplyDelete
  5. مرحبا اني من عراق وهاذا الواتساب 009647830442512

    ReplyDelete
  6. ممكن نتعراف واتساب 009647830442512

    ReplyDelete
  7. https://curiouscat.me/mt3basmri

    ReplyDelete
  8. مرحبا كيف الحال ممكن نتعرف

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. كلب للعمات اعرض كام سناب i223n

    ReplyDelete