10/02/2016

The Beauty Post | Lush Trichomania Solid Shampoo


A couple of months ago I discovered Lush's 'Trichomania' solid shampoo. Intrigued by the idea idea that it was a bar of shampoo and not your standard bottle one, I was keen to give it a go. Environmentally friendly, it eliminates the hassle of discarding of bottles and makes travelling a hell of a lot easier, since it is not considered a liquid you can carry it with you on a plane. 


The shampoo is for hair that has lost it's moisture and needs to be tamed. I myself have straight hair with dry ends so I was excited to put a little more moisture back into it. Made with coconuts the shampoo smells so amazing. like most lush products it can be smelled from miles away so for this reason alone I had to try it. To use the product you simply wet your hair and rub the bar onto your head until it lathers, it lathers a lot more than a normal shampoo so a little bit goes a long way. After this you rinse it out just as normal and use a conditioner as you wish, although I don't think it is necessary. 


So was it worth trying? In my opinion yes it was worth trying but I probably won't be purchasing it again. For the sole reason that after I use it, it leaves my hair feeling waxy and looking a little dull, yes it is clean and no one else can notice but this is just something that bothers me. I have tried everything for it not to happy, I have rinsed my hair with hot water, water, used less product, not conditioned and still the waxy feeling is still there. I find this is a problem that often happens to me with lush hair products ( see here ) so I am beginning to think maybe it is my hair, I just don't know.


I did look up other reviews on the lush website and it was very hit and miss, some swear by it while others hated it. Maybe it will work for you but for me I don't think I will be wasting my money on it again. 

Have you tried this before? If so what did you think of it? 

Adele x

No comments:

Post a Comment