1/04/2017

Girl Talk | 11 Thoughts Every Girl Has On Her Period


If there is one thing every woman has in common it is that dreaded time of the month. For one week every month our hormones go through the roof, we hate every male on this planet for not having to go through the same thing and we stuff our faces with all of the chocolate in the world to help ease the pain. 

Being a girl isn't always easy but, it is important to see the funny side of things so I put together a list of some of the thoughts I have during my period, and hopefully they will relate to you too. 

'Was that a cramp?'
That sharp pain was either a false alarm or the beginning of the end, only time will tell. 

'Why is there NEVER any chocolate in this house!!'
Probably because I've already eaten it all, but this craving is confirmation that that cramp was indeed the start of my period and not something else.. oh no.

'Is it normal to loose this much blood?'
Chances are it is completely normal and I am just being a drama queen, but still. 

'Shit, I don't have any sanitary items with me.' 
This has been happening to me every month for the past eight years, why am I STILL never prepared and carry around a spare tampon with me when I am out?!

'Why do boys not have to put up with this?'
Look at them all, walking around not bleeding. They make me sick.

'I love my boyfriend.'
He's so kind to me, bringing me chocolate and making me a hot water bottle. I am so lucky.

'I hate my boyfriend.'
Does he seriously have to eat that loud?! He has no idea how painful this is, he annoys me. 

'At least i'm not pregnant.'
How do women give birth? I would much rather deal with this for a few days than pop one out. No babies for me, ever. 

'Why am I crying?'
It's just a video of a golden retriever sleeping, it's not that cute. 

'I put on nice underwear today, I hope I don't bleed on them.'
Aaand there's blood, all over my fancy underwear. Why do bad things happen to good people?

'It's almost over.'
Only another day or two to go, you can do this.

Finally once that is all over I can relax and go back to normal. Until the next month when I have to do it all over again. 

Sometimes I really think we all deserve a medal.

If you want to read the last two posts in my 'girl talk' series here they are:
Things I learned when I stopped wearing bras
The menstrual cup

Adele x






No comments:

Post a Comment