3/19/2017

Girl Talk | Let's Talk About Body Hair


So, I am about to begin my regular rant on why being a girl is damn hard. Grab a drink, we could be here a while.
Okay i'll keep the ranting to a minimum, but in this girl talk post I thought I would talk about body hair- and more specifically body hair on females. I am not going to start the whole debate on whether anyone who identifies as a girl should or should not shave - because although society may say that we do have to be smooth hairless goddesses, we don't, and what you do with your body and the hair on it is your choice. 


For me, I like to remove body hair, and when I say remove I mean majority of the time i'm a bit prickly and couldn't be bothered with the whole shaving malarkey until an event comes along and gives me the incentive to become smooth and hairless. So, realistically I am somewhere in between the shaver/non shaver spectrum. 

If you are a bit like me and enjoy the feeling of being hairless but don't like effort that has to be put into being like that, I introduce to you the 'epilator'. This is a new word in my vocabulary and it may just be for you too. As a part of my girl talk series I am testing out various different devices that aid with being a female, and oh my god I found a good one. The device looks like a normal lady shaver that comes with detachable heads for you to use it in different ways. The head I most often use it for hair removal, and man does the epilator remove dem tings. It works by mechanically grasping multiple hairs and simultaneously pulling them out. Before you go running away at how traumatizing that sounds remember, we are women, we are strong and a little bit of hair being pulled out of our body is no big deal - we push humans out of our special places for god's sake.

So now the important bit, is it painful and does it work? a little and yes! The sensation is somewhat similar to being stung by a bee and is completely bearable. As far as longevity goes, although the hair cell is not removed as it is with waxing, making it not last quite as long as being waxed does, it is still revolutionary. You get about two weeks of smooth legs, armpits and whatever else, which is every lazy girls dream.

If you are someone who chooses to shave this may be an economic and convenient option for you, and I am happy to have been the guinea pig for that. Here is a link to the website I got mine from.

Previous posts in my girl talk series:
Things I Learned When I Stopped Waring Bras
The Menstrual Cup
11 Thoughts Every Girl Has On Her Period
Here's To The Girls That Don't Wear Makeup

Happy Sunday!
Adele x

No comments:

Post a Comment