4/23/2017

The Beauty Post | Getting out of a rut with NARS Luminous Weightless Foundation



I never thought I would see the day that I sit on my tiny bed and write up a blog post about foundation. For the past few years I have given up wearing foundation. As a girl who once suffered from acne, I feel like it is wrong to cover up my skin with layers of a nude paste now that my skin has finally become clear again. 

But, lately I have been feeling very unsatisfied with my appearance and how I did my make up. I will spend an hour or two putting on make up and trying different styles only to hate it in the end and prefer how I looked before the winged eyeliner and badly contoured cheeks, which is good but surely the whole point of make up is to make you feel better about yourself, not worse (I made a post on these feelings here). So with that I thought maybe it was time to venture back to a foundation and actually become happy with how I apply my make up, and not a cheap drugstore one that I used when I was 15 no, a big girl high end one. 


The Product 
Having done my research I went out and bought myself the NARS Luminous Weightless Foundation and the shade I picked up was Punjab. The product claims to give a full but natural coverage, creating an instantly polished look. I paid 45 euro for it, which is pretty damn expensive as far as I am concerned but I loved how it makes other peoples skin look so I thought it was worth a try and seeing as I don't wear make up all that often I will probably get pretty good wear out of it. 

Does it work?
Yes. However, I do have some slight issues with it that I will get to later. To apply it I use my blending brush and then go back over that with a beauty blender to make sure that everything is as blended and natural looking as possible. The colour is a perfect match for my skin tone once I add one or two pumps of the body shop's foundation lightener, I got a shade slightly darker than my natural skin tone because I often wear tan and this way my face will always match my body. The foundation is a crazy watery formula and is really easy to blend on my face. It lasts pretty well, it does wear a little throughout the day as expected but generally it stays put. 

                            
So to keep things short, I do like this product. It is blendable, it can be easily built up and it gives me coverage without looking or feeling caked. However, I slightly dislike the fact that it is high coverage. Although it looks natural and definitely does not feel heavy, my skin is pretty clear and could do with a lighter product. Another thing that I slightly dislike it is the fact that it is a little matte, this isn't a huge deal because I can mix a highlighter into it and give myself more of a glow but generally when I wear make up I like to have a dewy look and this product does not really give me that on it's own. 


Final Thoughts
To round things up. I like this product, I am glad I have bought it and with it I have been lifted out of my makeup rut, however I would probably not buy it again once it has ran out. I think this product is perfect for someone with acne or scarring that is looking to cover them up but for me this is not what I am looking for.

Maybe next time I will try their sheer glow foundation or maybe a different high end brand altogether, but I will continue on in my quest to find my perfect foundation. 

If you have any foundation recommendations for me please leave them down below, I would love for you to help me out! 

Have a lovely Sunday
Adele x

No comments:

Post a Comment