3/05/2016

Fashion Week Trends

Unless you've been living under a rock, you will know that London Fashion Week has recently took place, with it now over I thought a post on my favourite catwalk trends, both past and present should swiftly follow. I love stalking instagram and pinterest and predicting the trends I think will withstand the test of time. Following bloggers such as beauty crush's Samantha and Natasha Oakley on snapchat I felt like I was well and truly there and in on the action.. maybe some day I will be for real, eh?

Sparkle

Between sequin slips and metallic blazers, the catwalk was set alight with all things sparkly. We've seen this trend before with metallic heels and bags being very popular as of recent and Christmas being the season to don your favourite glitter frock, and it looks as though it is here to stay. Not only do I predict that it is here to stay but I imagine that things can only get brighter with more than just accessories making the cut, before we know it we will all be walking around as glittery disco balls all year round.. hurrah! 

Yellow

 Yellow for me is somewhat of the forgotten, disregarded colour of colour world. With everyone constantly obsessing over black, nudes and greys yellow rarely gets a look in. So nothing makes me happier than to see it painted across the catwalk. You can't help but feel happy looking at it and with it suiting every skin tone and hair colour there is no reason for it not to start making it's way into the highstreet.

Off the Shoulder

Off the shoulder, or the 'bardot' style as it is commonly referred to as, for me, is one trend I will never tire of. It is something that is so easy to pull off, you don't need to be a certain height or weight.. once you have shoulders you're good to go. For some reason the style reminds me of Summer and being on holidays which is a bitter / sweet feeling, but it is nice to know that I can throw on an off the shoulder top or dress in the middle of winter and instantly have my mood lifted.

Androgynous

A couple of years ago Gucci showcased their amazing fall/winter wardrobe and it was an androgynous haven.  I am obsessed with the androgynous look, brogues, blazers and structured trousers are staple pieces in my wardrobe. In a weird way I find it somewhat empowering to wear whatever I want, regardless of the sex it was originally intended to be worn by. Again, I feel that it is a timeless look that is sure to withstand the test of time.

What are your favourite catwalk looks?

Adele x

No comments:

Post a Comment