6/20/2016

The Fashion Post | My Swimwear Collection


Summer is without a doubt my favourite time of year. When it is not summer I am dreaming of it, sometimes the only thing that can get me through a cold Winter's day is coming home and shopping online for holiday pieces. So as you can imagine throughout the course of the year I have accumulated quite a few bits, mostly bikinis and swimsuits, and since summer holidays are just around the corner for most of us I thought I would make a post sharing my favourite pieces. 


Bikini: Boohoo 

I picked this bikini up on Boohoo a couple of months ago and I am in love with it. The top is ever so slightly small for me but I can work with it. The cute ruffles on the shoulders is what initially drew me to it and I feel that with a tan the white colour will really pop. 



 Bikini: Boohoo 

The same time I got my white one above on Booho I ordered this bikini too. If anyone else is obsessed like me with the girls over on A Bikini A Day you might have seen Tash Oakley in an amazing orange bikini. Since then I have been lusting after one for myself. I chose this one because I don't have any swimwear that is strapless, and when you are trying to tan on holidays straps are an absolute nightmare. So this will be my tanning bikini, practical with the added bonus that it is ridiculously cute. 



 Swimsuit: Asos 
This swimsuit I nabbed last year on Asos in the sale. The only swimsuit I own, the colour is as vibrant in real life as it is in these pictures. I just love the shape and style of it, but it unfortunately has a downside, it is not very practical. Perfect for maybe a pool party or boat trip but definitely not for swimming or any other kind of physical activity. Because the fit is so perfect there is little room to move around in. At one point last year I jumped into the ocean in it and there was nip slips.. lots of them. Not too great at holding in the gals but it looks cute in pictures so I am happy enough with that.



 Bikini: Forever21 
I think every woman needs to own a practical bikini, you know, one that isn't the cutest or sexiest, it isn't embellished with rhinestones or covered in cut out details. It is simple, flattering and most importantly does the job. This Forever21 red bikini is that for me. Whenever I am going swimming at home or if I am off to a waterpark on holidays this is the bikini I turn to. It both suits my body and holds me in perfectly, there is little to no fear of anything slipping out or riding up, perfect for those days when you just want to enjoy yourself and not worry about how you look.



Bikini: Asos 
Finally, I saved my favourite for last. I bought this crochet bikini a few months ago from Asos and I am so excited to wear it this summer. The colour is so unusual and I think it would suit every kind of person's colouring. The crochet detail is the cutest part about it and if like me you have a petite body shape this style of bikini is perfect for you. 

Now that I have my holiday bikinis ticked off my list all I need now is the body to match, i'll get there eventually! 

Have you made any swimwear purchases for the summer yet?
Adele x

No comments:

Post a Comment